1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7t boost problem

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, Jan 18, 2013.

1. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Jan 18, 2013]
    Not sure if turbo('s) have gone or i got boost leak, have not tested for leaks yet as just so busy. boost used to hold 1.3 with lots of power, but now struggles to hit 0.8 even when it does in 3rd gear or above it dips down to 0.4 and wont come back up until i reset ecu or just restart engine only code i get is 17964 negative deviation or boost limit not reached..... iv attached 2 videos 1 is just mainly so you can hear the noise the turbos are making the other is the same but 3rd gear run with boost cutting down to 0.4.....

Boost 1 - YouTube

Boost test - YouTube

Boost 2 - YouTube
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. myth

myth Member

[Jan 18, 2013]
    There are only 3 things that can cause that kind of error code:
    1.broken hose(s)
    2.vanes on the turbo are clogged/stuck
    3.solenoid valve for boost pressure control (N75) defective

First thing first, is to do a boost test.Then you should change the N75(if you can, with a friend's) and if the problem is still there, it's the turbo(s).

From my personal experience, when the vanes on the turbo are stuck, it causes a positive deviation, so in your case I think it's the N75 actuator faulty.
  4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Jan 18, 2013]
    okay, i know at the same time this started to happen a rubber seal off of the intake pipe mysteriously disappeared .... that makes me think the turbos.......
  5. myth

myth Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    If you have a intake pipe seal missing, then you don't need to look any further.
    Seal missing=boost leak=negative deviation.
  6. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Jan 20, 2013]
    no, this is only the rubber ring that seals the intake pipe to the maf housing, is still sealed with out it, my pointy is that i think the ring went into the turbo, i dont think its a boost leak, as even when i first pull away gentley you can hear the turbos giving a deep howl?