1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7t after run fan question

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, May 11, 2012.

1. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[May 11, 2012]
    I think mine is being weird, as normally after a long run, you can here the fan come on after turning engine off, but sometimes it a quiet fan noise, other times it sounds like its taking off!! but today i drove the car less than 5 minutes, turned the engine off and the fan cut in at its highest speed, stayed on for around a minute, then cut off, then about 20 seconds later, came back on again and done this for about 10-15 minutes, surely this aint right??????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[May 11, 2012]
    also, it seems that the fan cuts in on full speed and for a long time on short runs??
  4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[May 13, 2012]
    okay. An up date, this morning i started the car and only had it running for about 5 min, turned it off and the fan cut in as usual, full blast!!! then i noticed some smoke at the back of the engine that i worked out was only happening when the after run fan was on (fast or slow) so i took of the 'y' pipe to get a better view and this is what i found

[​IMG]

this is located at the back of the head, so you can get a rough idea of where it is above it are 3 pipes vacum forfuel pressure reg, vacume for brake servo and another random pipe, so what is this part? and why has/is it melting when the engine is off and the after run fan is on???
  5. Turbo unit

Turbo unit Member

[Jun 14, 2012]
    WHat i will say disconect it and get it to a auto electrics before it goes on fire