1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7 TDI HELP! clutch info (RS4 details inside)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Golfedd, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Apr 10, 2013]
    Hi All,

I'm looking for some help with regards to a clutch on my A4 B7 2.7TDI V6 engine code BPP, gearbox code: HXR

I'm aware that the RS4 clutch is the same (shared) between the 3.0tdi (manual) and RS4 - Both of which use a dual mass flywheel. I think the RS4 uses a 10bolt flywheel (not sure on dimensions) THREAD HERE (does the 2.7 and the 3.0 TDi share the same)

Can one see (etka) or know if the RS4 and 3.0TDi share the same flywheel? or if these are interchangeable.

I've been told already that an RS4 clutch stage 3 will work with a singlemass fly wheel from sach - HOWEVER, I can't see this single mass flywheel for my engine anywhere.

If I can work out that the RS4 flywheel and clutch would bolt on to mine - I can simply buy a complete RS4 stage three flywheel and clutch package - SORTED! rather than some flywheel I can't source

Hope that makes sense, look forward to anyhelp
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Active Member

[Apr 12, 2013]
    You could send shane drake @ drakeperformance U.S. a email he does some conversions with rs4 clutches ,i ordered a st3 kit for my 2.0t petrol yesterday.
  4. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Apr 12, 2013]
    Thanks Andy!

I had some success today after talking to the guys at performance-kupplung.de...

Taking into account my 620/650 nm they can do the option 3 being organic and single mass. WITH a reinforced cover that will be good for around 600-630nm and although the pedal maybe a little heavier, it will not have the on/off feeling of a paddle!

So after a good three days emailing back and forward and looking at all the info about I have found my solution!

Oh and the reinforced cover = 97 Euros extra, not bad given the extra clamping force and not having a paddle!
  5. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

[Apr 12, 2013]
    Let me know how you get on with this....although I may have to change my clutch once the quattro box is in, it's a wait and see sort of thing
  6. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Apr 12, 2013]
    I shall do Carl - I'm asking about one other option from the same place with regards to a more OEM feel as it might be possible to retain the Dual Mass (comfort) aspect I love about this car... not that the single mass will be much of a killer when moving obviously.

They are certainly very helpful over at the above company. once you're all running drop them a line!
  7. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

[Apr 13, 2013]
    Nice one Edd:)
  8. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Apr 23, 2013]
    INFO UPDATE

Following my conversation with Sach they are able to now (as a tick extra) provide the organic clutch, SMFW and uprated preasure plate which is the tick box- holding around 650nm which is a conservative rating.

HERE'S THE LINK
  9. Double J

Double J Member

[May 1, 2013]
    Bargain...oh wait
  10. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Jun 7, 2013]
    The Goods

Stage 2 Organic Plate (Sachs Performance)
    Single Mass Flywheel (Sachs racing)
    Stage 3 Super clamp (from RS4 kit)

Then after a few calls to germany with the teams out there I ordered it up and waited, time Clutch slipped by
    Then finally...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Golfedd

Golfedd Member

[Jun 9, 2013]
    So Saturday morning I picked up the clutch lever fork and thrust release bearing. Heading over to see olly (massive thanks). I set about undoing drive shafts, frame mounts, brackets etc Then olly after already doing 2 gearboxes that morning for a warm up came back to the easiest part of the job, undoing and removing the HENCH and heavy box with bolts in the WORST location up above the bulk head and behind the V6 there's little room. But with some Olly Magic it all came to light. Car pulls very strong, no slip and while at idle the SMF is a tad loud at the moment it has settled down a little. Gearbox oil change and increase to a slightly thicker one, poured in to the MAX to decrease the vibrations.
    It had got to the point where hill starts were a bit of a joke. The friction plate had life left in it, however the clamping plate/Clutch Cover simply wasn't strong enough and had got a little... warm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

[Jun 10, 2013]
    Looks like a fair bit of money spent there! Did you find out at all if the 3.0TDI shares the same clutch as the RS4?