2.7 bi turbo exhaust

Mrharris2

Boost needed
Reaction score
Evening all I just purchased an a6 allroad 2.7 posted in that forum but nobody seems to post about engine stuff and performance, anyhow I'm wondering people's thoughts on turbo back exhausts it's all standard so far I'm looking for a hi flow manifold and then decat exhaust not sure wether to have a middle box yet or not and what back box do people recommend, fitting the exhaust and a fmic before a remap can I go custom stage 2 or what needs to be done to achieve this with these cars I'm new to this as I had an a3 8l 1.8t but this engine is new to me, any help or advice would be great thanks all Ben

Leave the manifolds well alone. Its an engine out job to change them anyway, and they just dont need touched with the stock turbos. Not to mention good ones are mega bucks.

Get some nice downpipes (either RS4 ones, or the XS power ones off ebay are good value). You'll have to check for fitment issues if you have an Automatic though.

On the S4 people will often elect for the cheap XS power exhaust systems, but they dont fit the A6.

I dont really know what exhausts people go for on the A6, theres always the custom option though.

Reactions: Mrharris2