2.7 Bi turbo conversation

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
Well the plan was to rebuild the 1.8t in the B6 and modify it along the way, alas things have changed direction a little and the engine bay will soon be graced with a 2.7 bi turbo. My aim is for around 380-400 hp, but for now the first goal is to get it in the car and running.

I have read various threads over many hours, but still have a few questions (I'm sure there will be lots more along the way)

But for now, if anyone could answer any of the following it would be much appreciated:

1) What is worth doing while it's out of the car?

Cam belt kit
Water pump
Thermostat
Aux belts
Spark plugs
Oil and filter
What else?

2) Will it be a dual Mass flywheel?

If so is it worth changing it to a single Mass flywheel, and what clutch? Maybe B6 S4 clutch?

3) Are there any guides for getting the wiring connected up? (UK)

4) I will be keeping my 01E gearbox, do I need the sandwich plate 01E 103 551 C to go between the engine and gearbox? If so, do I use the B5 S4 bolts (longer?)

Many thanks

Andy

While it's all out...

Rear crank main seal.
Front crank main seal.
Valve cover gaskets.

Flywheel? personal choice. I would go with a single-mass unit, I don't care much for the dual-mass flywheel. It's heavy, thick and prone to failure, especially if you intend to launch the car regularly.

I would go with a TTV single-mass, designed to accept a B5 RS4 clutch.

If you opt for this set-up, the spacer between the transmission and engine won't be required.

Andy, the engines coming with the ECU and the loom is it not? Should be plug and play.

All the engine loom is completely separate from the rest, the ECU plugs into main loom, should be the same connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, I understand reading the us stuff the fan wiring needs attention but will worry about that when I get to it.