2.6 v6

blue boy

Reaction score
Has anyone else out there got a 2.6 v6 ??? looking for ideas engine wise . I no there is not alot of engine mods about but wondered if anyone had one and what they have done ?????

Ha ha ha yes mate they do .I have a m reg 2.6 v6 12v a4 . Lots of people say that . Maybe thats why not many places do parts . Think the yanks had the 2.8 but not 100% .
i Must be the only on on here ha ha ha . :rockwoot:

Ha ha ha yes mate they do .I have a m reg 2.6 v6 12v a4 . Lots of people say that . Maybe thats why not many places do parts . Think the yanks had the 2.8 but not 100% .
i Must be the only on on here ha ha ha . :rockwoot:

You must have a RARE motor there mate, sounds interesting especially being a 12 valver. saying that I sure I saw one advertised yonks back thinking a mistake, bet it goes pretty well being a 2.6 :)

It does mate ,
sorting it out for a track car so is very rapped now with most of the inside taken out . Have seen a few for sale but not many .

I used to do banger racing many monns back and its amazing how ****** quick/fast the car goes just stripped of everything like glass, seat etc then a bit of tuning and oh yeah! good luck with the racing my friend

Nice mate sounds good . yes it is really, ****** back seats were well heavy when i took them out . thanks mate

nice one mate . yes could see what they have done the engines

tbh, the best thing you can do is pull it out and fit a 1.8T.

the 2.6 makes 150hp out the box, and youll spend a lot of money getting any meaningful increase.

1.8T also makes 150hp, and is easily chipped to 190 and then skys the limit if you want to take it further. I bought a donor A4 for my track car on ebay for £250, removed the engine and any parts i needed to fit it, sold what i could and scrapped the shell and between the scrap money and the few bits i sold i made the 250 back so the engine and parts were free and i was left with loads of spares too.

Not a bad Idea, I HIGHLY rate those 1.8t lumps, when I first went to drive one i thought this is gonna be gutless but what a ****** surprise they are a seriously cool lump thats unles you want to keep the original 2.6 cause of the rarareity of them, I dunno what Id do, if the 2.6 was a minter I wouldnt touch it bought if it was a tad say dog eared then the 18t all the way

nice yes the 2.6 is nice but lacking in mods . im swaying towards the 1.8t looking at all the mods you can get . how easy would it be to swap them over ????

if you buy a donor car, pretty simple.

You can keep your existing gearbox etc, the 1.8T will bolt right up. Get a car of a similar age to yours and the wiring will all just plug right in too.

well sounds all good to me think this may be the way forward with this . and i like the sound of a turbo

"IF" I were gonna mod your 2.6, Id get browsin the salvo yards or fleabay or the like get one with a stuffed back end, side by side be easy enough if your handy with the spanners which from what i guess you well are mate :)

may go gett a doner car off e bay and swich the engine and parts over and strip sell and scrap the rest of the car

Proppa tyre shredder! Mmy mate made a a Kart/buggy yonks back in a scrapyard using an 3 litre V6 Ford lump, he nearly ****** killed himself pi$$ing around in that contraption, there was no thought put into it brakes were junk it was a real Heath Robinson job, it wound up smashed to bits after rolling the thing about 5 times the soppy cnut