1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.6 V6 recomended mod

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by atc, Jun 20, 2006.

1. atc

atc Member

[Jun 20, 2006]
    Having only bought 1 thing at this years GTi International at the weekend I couldn't be more happy with my choise. After thinking about fitting a K&N panel filter for some time I asked ECP for a price, the grumpy sod at the stand just said he didn't have one and left it at that?!?! Err fine. Then I though sod it I'll have a Jetex as there was a guy selling them for £20 which seemed a good price.

I fitted it tonight, at the same time I removed the top half of the intake trumpet on the "filtered" side. It unclips with a bit of persuasion. I left the bottom half in place as it is part of the main moulding. If you have a look you'll see that the trumpet is quite restrictive. I refitted everything and started the old goat up ready for a test run. Funny I thought doesn't usually sound that good. She now has a deeper burble at idle increasing to a nice roar on increasing the revs. It's not a lot louder but it does sound more like it should...........a big V6. Oh and the trottle response seems better too. Keeping in mind I have a totaly standard exhaust system!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]