1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.6 V6 fuel pump

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by FezzR, Sep 16, 2005.

1. FezzR

FezzR Member

[Sep 16, 2005]
    does anyone supply replacement or uprated fuel pumps for the A4? cant find any listed, and pretty sure mines on its way out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 30, 2015]

3. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

4. FezzR

FezzR Member

[Sep 17, 2005]
    it says drop in replacement but from what i know the electical connector is deffinately different
  5. imported_VaulterTim

[Sep 18, 2005]
    Fezz,

It comes with a connector and flying leads that you can crimp into the existing wiring, hardly difficult /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What IS difficult though is removing the damn pump!

Jeez!

You need a special tool but you can do it without if you have the patience... it remains to be seen whether or not I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will be fitting it soon, when I do the turbo install.
    (I can't believe how long I've had the kit and I've still not fitted it!)

Cheers

Tim
  6. FezzR

FezzR Member

[Sep 18, 2005]
    will have to wait till my co-worker move to Audi then rob the special tool me thinks.

no crimping a connector isnt difficult but im lazy! get fed with working on cars all day.

have to wait see how much you struggle fitting yours before i buy one think.

you know if ATP have adapted the pump to fit or if its standard walbro?
  7. imported_VaulterTim

[Sep 18, 2005]
    It's a standard Walbro pump in a custom CNC billet aluminium surround designed to fit straight into the original fuel tank mounting point. They also do one for the transversely mounted engines. Different mounting surround shape...