1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5v6 TDI - Advice needed please!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by davec79, Jan 8, 2010.

1. davec79

davec79 New Member

Hello, fist post here, had a little search but cant find what im looking for...

I am trying to get an insurance quote for a 2002 audi A4 2.5TDI SE, however i dont know how to tell if its the 153bhp or the 161bhp version, its the FWD version....

I need to get insurance sorted before i move it anywhere obviously, so whats the easiest way to tell? There is no mention of it on the log book, can i work it out from the VIN number?

Thanks in advance
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

There will be a data sticker, probably in the spare wheel well which will give you the power, probably in KW's.

If it's a 2002 2.5 fwd it will be 163 bhp ;)
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

Engine code ? Its on the logbook, on the sticker in the service book or on the sticker in the spare wheel well ... 110Kw = 150Bhp, etc.
  4. davec79

davec79 New Member

Pretty sure its a 155ps version.

According to the parkers website the 161bhp version was mid 2002 onwards, whereas this was registered in March 2002.

Either way, i got a great deal and shes now sat outside my house :icon_thumright:
  5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

what did you pay in the end? what's the rest of the spec?
  6. davec79

davec79 New Member

Its a grey/silver a4 avant, fully standard. 2002 with 72k on the clock. I paid £3k for it :redface:

I have checked the service history and there is no sign of the cam belt (and all the associated other bits) being serviced, so thats the first task.
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Cambelt is an essential asap at that mileage. if you need any help please ask as there's lots to do at the same time, water pump, thermostat etc.