1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5tdi Fuel Line - slight leak

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by nicknick, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nicknick

nicknick New Member

Hi,

I've got a slight leak in the fuel line just forward / below the tank and I need some help in identifying the part ( I can't see it on vagcat) as I can't get to Audi until the weekend but would like to order the part now if I can.

I'll try and describe what I have - essentially this is just under the rear seat . There are two rubber lines that leave the tank area and then one of the rubber lines connects to a short length (6 inches) of metal pipe (this is the pipe that has corroded and is leaking) with a union nut on the end that connects this short length of metal pipe onto a small metal junction that then splits off to two further pipes.

The metal pipe and rubber pipe next to it have a rubber clamp to hold both against the chasis and the metal pipe has a tiny perforation rust hole under this rubber clamp. I guess the rubber clamp has done a good job of holding moisture in against the fuel line.

So - a repair should be simple enough - but I need to figure out the pipe part number. Also - will I need to do anything regarding bleeding the system ?

Failing this - any good products to seal the hole ? - it's tiny as the amount of diesel leaking (into a jam jar sat under car right now) is probably no more than 10 ml over 12 hours.

Thanks again

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

Try self amalgamating tape as a temporary, it will stop it no problem and you can get it from B&Q

4. nicknick

nicknick New Member

Thanks...will give that a try short term....

5. nicknick

nicknick New Member

Self amalgamting tape has worked well and stopped the leak - so thanks for the advice ...just need to now locate the part number so I can order a replacement pipe for a permanent fix.