1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5tdi engine cover

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by HerefordQuattro, May 9, 2010.

1. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[May 9, 2010]
    fiddling with the plastic cover on my 2.5tdi today as it was cracked when i bought it, only gone and made it worse i.e crack is now a hole!! So i've left it off as doesn't seem to do much apart from stop you seeing more engine? Where is best place to get replacement ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 22, 2014]

3. KenS

KenS New Member

[May 9, 2010]
    Mine also has some padding on the underside so I'd say it also has a noise reduction function. If you don't notice or mind the car being any noisier then I'm sure it will be fine without it.

I wouldn't like to guess how much a new one would cost from a dealer.
  4. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[May 9, 2010]
    Yes had noticed the padding but with the bonnet down the noise difference is nothing (sounds like a tractor anyway)

have also noticed oil / diesel? run off the padding on the tab that covers driverside cylinder head, which is worrying so better keep an eye on that:shrug:
  5. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 12, 2010]
    Mine does the same but its a very small amount and i have never managed to find where it comes from. Whilst investigating it a while back i found that the overspill pipes on the injectors had perished so that got fixed but never found the source of the oil.
  6. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[Oct 11, 2010]
    bump

anyone got a 2.5tdiv6 engine cover for sale?