1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5TDi Dumping Boost / Compressor Surge

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AlexGSi2000, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Active Member

Just wondering if anyone could help me out on this one, as the car seems to be dumping boost under full load.

I was having a spirited drive around the country roads last night, under full load lower down the revs (around 2,500-3000rpm) the car was dumping boost and giving the sound of compressor surge, then picking back up again.

The car has a remap, full stainless exhaust and had the EGR blanked - Is it likely to be the N75?
  2. AudiAndy21

AudiAndy21 Member

mine used to do this mate but... never made a difference to performance? can you tell on yours?

i had an open filter ( cone) so you could realy hear it
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

Either a crap map or the air intake pipe is collapsing- had the same issue on fjtwelve's remapped audi a6. Thought it was fuel starvation at first. Any fault codes ?
  4. AlexGSi2000

Intake pipe collapsing! - nice... I haven't spotted any aftermarket TIP's for the 2.5, guessing I will just have to live with it?

No fault codes whatsoever!
  5. swarcup

swarcup Active Member

can i ask what happens when you say dumping boost, just in case mine does this and im unaware
  6. AlexGSi2000

Sorry, my own terminology there - the turbo stops providing boost pressure and then re-builds.

This is the sound im getting, but under full acceleration - SR20DET Compressor Surge - YouTube