2.5tdi chirp noise

karl210

Reaction score
Recently my car has started making a chirp noise. It makes it when your on boost and let off the throttle like a dump valve. But it also does it when say im in 3rd gear 75% throttle going uphill, it constantly chirps/flutters and i feel it loose a bit of power while it does.

Also there is a flatspot at 3krpm, i cant tell but it feels like it makes this chirp noise at the flat spot when on full throttle then power comes back.

Also how much of a pain is it to change the flywheels on one of these? I have done about 10 clutches before but never on a quattro 2.5tdi.
Thanks

Sounds turbo related.Do you think the flywheel is going?Anything on these is on a big scale

Vnt possibly sticking. Its worth removing turbo and cleaning properly. Not a mega difficult task.

Check all pipework too for splits.

Can't vouch for the clutch, never done one myself.

Its had a new turbo recently, just before i bought it, it isnt cloggled atall, i did the test with vcds and it moves freely. Sounds w/g r n75 related but i am such a noob at diesels i really dont know where to start. The actuator, is that actually an actuator and wasegate or is it the vnt sytem, if it is the w/g i will tey and adjust it to lower the boost just incase that is the issue

Vnt doesn't have a wastegate. That's controlled by the vanes on the turbo. The N75 is possibly the cause if you're certain the turbo is clean.

But do check all of the hoses, there might be a loose fitting or a split hose somewhere.