1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5tdi AKE engine fault codes 0550 lack of power

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by rkjcooper, Feb 10, 2013.

1. rkjcooper

rkjcooper New Member

[Feb 10, 2013]
    Hi.
    I had my timing done and after 3 weeks the tensioner on the fuel pump belt whent and the pump slipped 1/4 turn. Put new tensioner in and aligned what I think was correct pump timing marks. Started engine and it fired right up and idled fine. Drove it and then error came up. 0550. Along with that the abs and engine check and height adjustment light came on. Loss of power as if in limp home mode but could still manage 130km/h on the flat. The lights go off after lifting foot off the accelerator and then I have full normal power until I reach cruising speed and then lights come on and loss of power ( turbo ) Could this be that the timing on the pump is off by one tooth either way? Would this create the fault code of 0550 or is this error code unrelated? Car starts first time hot or cold and feels like normal full power when the warning lights are off. Many thanks fo any imput or suggestions. Should I try to adjust the pump timing by 1 tooth either way.? I think the code 0550 is related to start of injection timming? Not sure..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. elan2s

elan2s Member

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Think your car is a C5 chassis (built between 1997 and 2005) rather than a C7 (built from 2011 to now) so your post is in the wrong subsection of the A6 forum. Be worth reposting it in the C5 section
  4. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Try pm'ing adamss24 he's the V6 tdi man. See the diesel section of the forum
  5. TYphoon GB

TYphoon GB Member

[Feb 11, 2013]
    00550 is injection pump timing

Need Vag Com / VCDS to check and reset using the TDI Checker.

Resetting the timing is a ball ache as a minor change will result in a major difference.

Independant VAG garage should do it for around £50