1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 V6 TDi Tuning Box

stevereid Oct 5, 2009

1. stevereid

stevereid Member

Hello folks,

This is my first post, so please be gentle.
    I hope I'm posting in the right place for a start.

I have a 2001 B6 2.5 TDi V6 A4, i'm looking to iron out the 1800-2000 rpm flat spot and looking to do it with a tuning box rather than a remap.
    I don't suppose anyone has a 2nd hand one they want rid of ?
    Any recommendations would be good to.

I'm also looking for a Walnut rear ashtray, as the kids have managed to destroy mine beyond repair.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

need to be more specific on the engine as I think the 150, 163 and 180bhp flavours need different tuning boxes... 150 and 163 are FWD, 180 is the quattro....

tbh, I think they may not have even doen a 150bhp in the B6, but there's definitely a lower power FWD and a quattro....

3. stevereid

stevereid Member

Thanks for the reply, Sorry.. its a 180 Quattro

Thanks

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

What makes you want to use a tuning box rather than a vehicle specific remap?

5. stevereid

stevereid Member

Used them before on a few cars.
    I tend to get bored and change cars quite often, (i'm hoping I don't with this one) and wanted to recover some outlay and have some resale value if possible.

6. Garfie

Garfie Member

Stevereid, I have been importing high quality digital tuning boxes from Denmark for a good few years now and have organised many group buys on UK-MkIVs.net.

I have checked my fitment list and the box for yours should easily give 180bhp up to 215bhp and 380Nm up to 456Nm of torque with a little more available by fine tuning the box.

To be honest I have not imported many lately as the poor exchange rate with the Euro has kept pushing the prices up but as a rough idea you'd be looking at around £280 -£300 (delivered inc. warranty) with my discount. They are very good quality boxes and have been supplied to many happy buyers on uk-mkivs.

7. motosparkz

motosparkz Member

Steve,

I may have a Dragon Performance tuning box going. We removed it from our Audi 180bhp Quattro about a year ago, & it has just sat on a shelf since.

Make me an offer.

Cheers, Shane

8. stevereid

stevereid Member

Thanks for the post motosparkz..i've sent you a pm

Cheers

Steve