2.5 TDi

gtdog

Reaction score
Website
www.premierseaschool.co.uk
Just curious, what does this develop in the way of BHP in standard tune, and what can it be reasonably be expected to do with a chip?

Not sure on the tuning issue but I think early engines had 140bhp, then it rose to 150 and now currently 163Bhp, the quattro versions have 180.

Kev.

I have a 180 on order and it feels ****** quick standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the important thing is 272 lb/ft from 1500 rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

Daz, I know of a couple of people over on Tyresmoke who've got chipped 2.5TDi Quattro's.

I think one was an ABt conversion (ECU sent away to Germany prior to delivery of the car) and the other Upsolute.

Both guys reported a good increase in mid-range performance, although it apparently made no noticeable difference to the sub-1500rpm action, which is where it most needs it - certainly with the manual box.

I was considering having it done, but given that the thing I hate most is having to work the gears to keep the revs up, I'm ditching the car in favour of a Golf R32 for now.

Hi
Can someone please let me know what the difference is between the 150bhp & 180bhp 2.5 V6 TDI engines are?
Cheers
Bruce