2.5 TDI Quattro Tiptronic. Is Tuning Possible?

Quattro180

Reaction score
Just wondered if regular tuning is possible with the tiptronic gearbox. I am just after better MPG, tho extra power would be nice!:yes:
My car is an A4 avant (2004) 2.5TDI quattro sport 180 with Tiptronic.

cheers Adam

Just bought the same model last week.What mpg do you get? Do you have to be wary of putting more power on the box or is it strong enough to allow remapping?

Just bought the same model last week.What mpg do you get? Do you have to be wary of putting more power on the box or is it strong enough to allow remapping?

I havn't done enough miles to work out MPG yet, but first signs are not brilliant !! I put £70 in the tank and the trip said 365miles!!! i will keep you informed after a few more miles. as far as tuning goes, i need the same info as you.

Thats better than our first tank 320 only but some in an hour long jam and we found acracked coolant tank which was leaking pressure and probably not helping economy.Some shell V Power and some injector cleaner may now help improve things.Tuning seems to be an option that tiptronic can handle.Let us know how you go.