1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 TDi Quattro hopeful speculation?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bsharp, Oct 31, 2003.

1. bsharp

bsharp New Member

I am after a new A3 TDI but keen to wait for 2 things

1) Quattro and

2) Black roof lining,

According to my Audi dealer in Knarsbrough, both are scheduled in the uk for late Q1 early Q2 next year.

I was also told the Quattro would be on the 140PS 2.0 TDI which I presume they may increase to 150PS - In any case I think I would chip it with the Abt.

But if anyone can confirm or deny the specualtion of a 2.5 TDI in the A3, please do!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  2. garethj

garethj Member

The 2.5 TDi will fit the A3, the question is whether there is any advantage, the 2.0 TDi is lighter and can easily be tuned to give 180HP & 300 lb/ft (the output of the 2.5 TDi).
  3. Wolfsburger

Wolfsburger Member

I think the 2.5 TDI will be too heavy for the A3, and like gareth said above, what`s the point? The 2.0 TDI is good for 140 bhp. I`m looking at a 2.0 TDI Sport soon.
  4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I've been informed that the Quattro version of the 2.0TDi will not be released until around Nov '04. I'll check to see if this has changed.
  5. excursion

excursion Member

The 2.5TDi is all aluminium, it's not really that heavy. I saw an S3 with a 2.5Tdi quattro in Spain last year. Was nice, I'd like one!
  6. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Spoke with my dealer, they had heard the Quattro should be available b4 xmas.

The dealer also told me the ABT chip fitted to the A3 does not invalidate warrenty, so on this score I think my choice will be;

2.0 TDI Sport + DSG + Bose + Leather + Light packs + ABT

the extras will make a neat gift for who ever buys it after my 3 years use!
  7. bsharp

bsharp New Member

QUOTE "The 2.5TDi is all aluminium, it's not really that heavy. I saw an S3 with a 2.5Tdi quattro in Spain last year. Was nice, I'd like one!"

I presume the 2.0 TDI as a more recent VAG development than the 2.5 TDi will be a little more advanced, including weight savings???
  8. excursion

excursion Member

I've not read up about the 2.0TDi mate, but I should imagine that's a damn good unit.

Far more potential from the V6 though, has a balancer shaft too it's sooo smooth.