1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 tdi quattro front driveshaft!

skwiffy333 Dec 15, 2009

1. skwiffy333

skwiffy333 New Member

can anyone help me? i need a new front o/s driveshaft for my a6 quattro sport(180) year 2000(sept). problem is in france they are well expensive:sign_unfair: I've found them cheap on ebay in the usa but.....americans don't drive diesels:wtf:so my question is.....will a drive shaft for say a 2.7 quattro or any other petrol v6 fit mine????

2. meatychi

meatychi Member

3. skwiffy333

skwiffy333 New Member

thanks meatychi! i've registered with them but, looking at all the references for a bloody driveshaft has left me dazed and confused:wacko:! I didn't realise there were so many different types and i still don't know which to get and how much i should expect to pay......:ermm:

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Why dont you buy a new cv joint ? Whats wrong with the one you have now ? You can buy the outer cv joint + a new GKN boot kit from Euro Car Parts for about 80 quid. I could send you one for about £100 if you send me a text with the car's reg. number or VIN number. I could also get a price for a new/recconditioned driveshaft as well but that would be dearer and might require your old one as a surcharge wont be refunded otherwise. Where abouts in France are you ? Regards, Chris- 077 899 12128.

5. skwiffy333

skwiffy333 New Member

hi chris, i'm in the middle of france on the loire valley. My driveshaft isn't dead yet but the inevitable "clicking" sound has begun on full lock, i put it through an mot the other day and there is indead unwanted movement (nearer to the wheel). I looked at using a repair kit but, looking on my haynes type audi repair program .... well let's just say it looks f**kin complicated! So changing the entire driveshaft looks a whole lot simpler! if you could get me a price new or recon i'd be well happy:) vin:wauzzz4bz1n007111 cheers