1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 TDi Quattro Flat spots

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by chris444cat, Jan 17, 2010.

1. chris444cat

chris444cat New Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I seem to have a major flat spot around 2600 -3000rpm when in 4th and 5th and 6th gear. On a straight she'll pull nicely up to this point and then it seems like someone is anchoring on the brakes. if i ease off slightly it seems to pickup a little. Besides this it runs really sweet. This could be common with the V6, just seeing if anyone knows the score????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. hodgy0_2

hodgy0_2 Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    i have a similiar issue with my 2.5TDI Quattro-- it is like it is overboosting and then venting boost pressure

or going into limp mode

mine had a split in one of the intercoolers which, when I replaced it has made a huge difference

I was wondering whether I need to reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a day or so
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 17, 2010]
    Its certainly not a normal thing, I would suggest getting the car plugged into Vagcom rather than just replacing things randomly.
  5. chris444cat

chris444cat New Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Cheers guys. I'll get it plugged in to the VAGCOM and see what wonders it throws out!!
  6. amiller001

amiller001 New Member

[Jan 25, 2010]
    I had a B5 with this engine, and it did exactly this. It was the first symptom of the MAF failing, you eventually reach the point where there is a huge cloud of black smoke behind you, and no power. The test is to unplug the MAF, and see if things get worse, if they don't then the MAF isn't doing anything.
    If it is this, its worth bartering with Audi, because they know these fail, and can be quite generous, i.e. I got them to drop the labour and I just paid for the part (about £90).