1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 tdi quattro - chip causing problems?

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by Red_Power, May 23, 2012.

1. Red_Power

Red_Power New Member

[May 23, 2012]
    I have a 2001 a4 180 quattro with 135k on the clock. I bought a chip from tdi-tuning to take it to around 220hp and fitted itself. There is a very notticable increase in performance but under medium/heavy load at 1800-2000RPM there is a vibration coming from somewhere. The car still pulls well and the vibration disapears at higher rpm. Without the chip there is no vibration but there is a serious dead spot at the same rpm, pulls well up to 1800 then nothing for a second or 2, then its away again.

I have also experienced the sudden loss of power others talk of on here, engine completely cuts out for 1-2 secconds then fires up again. This has only happened twice, both times it happened under full load after a prolonged period of thrashing the sh#t out of it. Not sure if the two problems are related or if it is the chip causing them or if they were already there. Anyone else have a tdi-tuning chip? Any advice is welcome
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. diffas

diffas Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Vibration probably comes from dmf and can be fixed by reducing torque on low revs.

You need to read fault codes to find out why it cuts out. I bet the problem is with fuel delivery...for example old and wasted fuel filter or jammed fuel line.