1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 tdi intermitant boost fault (AKE)

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by DAZ1985, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DAZ1985

DAZ1985 Member

Noticed today while driving along an intermitant boost fault low down the revs, after 3k it pulls fine

I removed the pre cat with a long bar about 3 months ago and it's been sound had no issues, give it that little bit more lower down the revs.

I just can't get me head around this one, its due a service soon which will be done within the next week or so. Not that I can think this would clear the fault anyway. I've done some digging on hear but can only find faults where it doesn't rev over 3k and mine pulls sound after 3k.

sticking vanes on the turbo?
    n75 valve?
    maf?
    deisel filter blocked?

its had regular treatment of millers Eco max, it had a bottle of cataclean through it 6 months ago and every now and then I fill it up with v power deisel. I use longlife vag oil but change it every 10k or 12months which ever comes first.

Anyone give me any ideas where to look? Not had chance to plug it in yet but with it being intermitant I'm not expecting it to show any faults anyway
  2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

I'm running B5s on AFB engines, but should be similar enough
    Scan for faults, clear any found, scan again, fix any found.
    Check the actuator is fully down with engine off, and goes to the stop with engine at idle. (or use VCDS basic settings 11)
    Unplug the MAF, see if it improves. If it does, change the MAF - it is possible that unplugging the MAF improves things but it is not a faulty MAF!
    Have a look at my woes here 2.5TDi Sluggish
    Hope Addamss24 comes along with a better list of answers!
  3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

had a similar thing on mine, as it came on boost it would die then come back then die and then be ok, I fitted a blanking plate to the egr valve and it never did it again so it must have been the egr valve causing it
  4. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

unplug the egr sucking pipe and see if that helps, i had this one before and it turned out to be the sucking control box at the front right of the engine bay, cant remember what its called,
  5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

i also have the AKE engine.
  6. DAZ1985

DAZ1985 Member

Blanked off the egr valve at the inlet manifold side of it. Seems to have cured it

Thanks for the replies
  7. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

nasty things them egr's. glad its sorted