1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 TDi Engine & Gearbox Mounts

AlexGSi2000 Oct 4, 2013

1. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Just after some advice on the replacement of engine & gearbox mounts.
    My car is a 2.5 TDi Manual Quattro, over the past months when driving the drivetrain / engine feels a little spongy / loose.
    I can also rock the engine side to side by some extent.

Im planning on replacing a few of the mounts - I know some are easier to replace than others, so im going to start with those.

I have already purchased a front snub mount - and can fit that by putting the car into service-mode.
    How about the side engine mounts and gearbox mounts, are these difficult to swap?

Thanks!

2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

You need to jack the car up or drop the subframe...i do it by jacking the engine up !

3. Google44

Google44 Member

yeah, undo the mount on one side completely the jack the engine up. Replace the mount and do the same on the other side.

4. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

As above. You can change the snub mount without using the service mode.

5. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

if your engine has similar mounts to my 1.9 tdi you can just basically jack both sides up carefully when youve undone the front snub mount,thats what i did, took about 20 mins each side although i did need to get the passsenger side slightly higher!