1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 tdi, coolant change

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by boya, Oct 25, 2011.

1. boya

boya Member

Does the system need bleeding? I am in the process of changing a pipe and most of the coolant has gone, I will be taking the bottom radiator hose off to make sure it's all out before I put fresh in, now is there a procedure to follow when re-filling the coolant system? Cheers.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member

Saw this done wnen the belts were changed and I think that you hold the tank up high as poss to let the air escape and no bleeding needed

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

You need to expose the bleed hole on the heater matrix pipes on the bulkhead...whilst the engine is running with the cap on, you will get a little stream of water from the hole then you know its bleed ! caution as is hot so use a cloth to avoid scalding !

5. boya

boya Member

Sweet, cheers for that mate

6. boya

boya Member

How do you get access to the bleed nipple on the heater matrix pipe?? It's not down the back of the engine so am I right in saying its where the battery etc is??