2.5 TDI AKE cold water temps,

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi guys

finally got my Audi back after i let my bro borrow it for a few months, that turned into 2 years! :wtf:

But its water temp is taking a fair while to get up to 90 and the cabin heater is warm and not that hot, My 1st thoughts are the thermostat is stuck open, which on the face of it is letting the motor run cool,

the other thing is its started to take a fair few turns before its firing up, the drivers side return pips do seem to be a bit wet, so a new set of return pipes are on the menu,

what are your views lads?

Paul

Like you say thermostat or temp sensor on the underside of the water bottle. A good thread here about cold start issues

I was looking at doing my glow plugs but reading about its not as easy as apears, they can snap in the head. Steel glowplugs and an aluminium head = galvanic corrosion.

There is no penertrating fluid that will work for that lol

There is a good deal on ebay atm for 6 glow plugs £20 aswell, there is only 2 sets left so might buy mine now before everyone reads this haha

Reactions: Turkster
Good to see you back with the 2.5 Turkster!

You will almost certainly find the cool running is a duff thermostat.
Changing it is a pig of a job as you need to take off the timing belt - and you know what thats can be like

My solution was a remote stat which I put up a thread about - in Scots FAQ sticky are some links that may help

I've still got the saloon, but the estate is awaiting breaking after the engine let go, I bought another engine, ( thanks again Chris) then saw the cracked gearbox bellhousing!!