2.5 quattro MPG

wheymonster

Reaction score
Whats up guys, recently acquired a 2002 2.5 tdi quattro sport and i want to know what others with the same model / engine get MPG wise?

Mines a manual - I can just about hit 40mpg on the motorway sitting at 65mph.

yeh mines a manual too, i seem to getting around 200 - 225 ish miles from a half tank. What do you get? It also has an economy map and recently serviced. Just seems a little low to me.

It depends really - motorway miles I'll get around 450 miles to a full tank.

It will never be a massivley economical engine as its an old style "pumped" diesel as opposed to a modern common rail system.
The fact the car is quattro will also reduce the mpg a little as it effectivley has a little more work to do by pushing the power through a larger drivetrain.

Oh so im doing ok, nice one! Im going to give the maf a clean in a bit though because i dont know if its ever been done. Next job, TYRES!

MPG for these engines seem to range from 32mpg to 55mpg going by comments in other threads. When you weigh in factors such as driving style, trip lengths, speeds and roads, not to mention whether the car has been modded in any way, so long as you're in the range mentioned, you should be doing okay.

MPG for these engines seem to range from 32mpg to 55mpg going by comments in other threads. When you weigh in factors such as driving style, trip lengths, speeds and roads, not to mention whether the car has been modded in any way, so long as you're in the range mentioned, you should be doing okay.
55mpg haha I wish lol. I would be chuffed with the 32mpg. Lol

My tiptronic gets down to about 20 round town but I am prepared to accept that and it can get over 40 on a long run.Its been properly timed and has a good tuning box.I could go back to a manual which allows you to keep the revs down but the auto is a good package with nice heated leather which is what everyone should have in this weather

I get a consistent 36 mpg to and from work in mine, that's all dual carriage way roads and lots of round about and traffic lights to kill your mpg as well. The last motorway trip I did a few weeks ago was around a 35 mile trip and I was sat between 70-80mph and it averaged 46 mpg. The most I've had out of it on a 90 mile motorway trip and the same speeds was 51 mpg.

For a 2.5 6 cylinder engine which is driving all 4 wheels (big wide 19" wheels I might add) and is remapped I think those figures are pretty damn good, well I'm happy with it and that's the main thing.

Oh and mines a manual too.

That is damn good Az and goes to show how much better an all round car the v6 is than a 1.9/2.0tdi. Much better driving experience only let down by a small pay off on the fuel and if you enjoy driving it's got to be a no brainier!

I'm getting between 36 to 40 mpg on b roads on a manual sport with remap.