1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.4 V6 30v secondary air solenoid

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by mckay9uk, May 17, 2010.

1. mckay9uk

mckay9uk A4 2.4 30V PES Supercharged

[May 17, 2010]
    Hi, I have a 2.4 v6 30v A4 B5 i always thought this car was vrtually identical to the 2.8 apart from the fact that the 2.8's were 4WD and the 2.4s FWD after very recently fitting a supercharger i am having difficulty in completing the secondary air solenoid vaccum set up to the supercharger because my car does not have a secondary air solenoid, can anyone help are there any other 2.4 A4's on the forum ? my cars a 1998 A4 if there are would you mind having a look at the vac line set up on top of the thottle body on your car to see if any other 2.4's have a secondary air solenoid, or have any of you replaced the brittle vac lines? because not even my local Audi dealer can advise on this but this doesnt surprise me ! thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 17, 2010]
    I might be able to look up the vac lines on elsa, what details you need specificaly?

To do with this solenoid thingy?
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 17, 2010]
    I THINK the earlier 30v engines had a seperate idle control valve, the later engines have it combined with the throttle body.

Is that what you mean by secondary air valve?
  5. mckay9uk

[May 19, 2010]
    Hi All,

if you trace the vaccumm pipes they connect to 2 solenoids above the throttle body, one is blue this is the inlet temp solenoid, one is green this is the secondary air solenoid, my car only has the blue one, i have seen other 2.4's with them both and this confuses me i cant find out why mine has just the blue one, i may also have a problem with my MAF so i'm going to replace that and see if that cures it. But if you have access to any diagrams Mark that would be a big help i need to post my engine code as well for you.
  6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 19, 2010]
    Dens', chuck the engine code up, and we can take a peak
  7. mckay9uk

[May 23, 2010]
    Sussed it, it was a dirty MAF gave it a good old blast with carb cleaner that has fixed it good and proper my car rev's like a bike and the supercharger whine on the top end is addictive !! I'm in love again !
  8. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[May 24, 2010]
    Good stuff mate, glad its sorted.:icon_thumright: