2.0TFSI varying performance

prel2000

Reaction score
My 55 plate, Quattro, manual varies in performance and I cannot put my finger on what the cause is.

whilst running the air con the throttle response seems to improve and car is more lively.
The same is experienced with a.c. off, but when car is driven for a bit and then left idle whilst stationery for around 5 mins.

Any ideas why any of 2 above scenarios would have an effect on the car's performance?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can you be more specific with "performance" ?

In a way I know what you mean as mine seems to be more responsive from one day to the next. Such as at times the turbo seems to boot in immediately and sometiems a slight lag. Whichever happens the car just flies but it is odd why it differs. I find mine is more responsive in dull/damp days and in blazing heat seems less responsive. its odd as hell!

Turbocharged cars suffer from heat soak. This warm weather isn't very good performance wise. You'll notice on a foggy cool day it will go like stink. They just like dense cold air.
If your concerned that it maybe something else, search the forum for the common faults. It may just be time for revised diverter valve.

Reactions: Av4nt
Ah yes, always looked forward to cold mornings in winter in my B7 as the car was always much pokier! :)