2.0TFSi Throttle Hesitation.

Custardsucker

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this has been covered before, but my car appears to have a very slight hesitation when applying the throttle. Seems to be there in third and fourth gear, when applying throttle. Engine code is BUL, diverter valve is latest revision, new plugs, air filter and fuel filter at 43k, coilpack recall also done. Mileage is now at 53k. Any suggestions please.

Have you replaced or checked your diverter valve.
They are a week link on a good engine.
Keep meaning to take mine apart for a check over.
Brad.

I have the same engine code, take it urz is 220bhp model? I've had nothing but trouble trying to loose flat spots. Only thing that solved it was a total upgrade of the diverter to the forge diverter/blow off valve. I've now lost every problem I've ever had. Also I changed the clutch switch as I was advised this could play a part. I've ha mine 16 month and only after the above have I seen the bk of the flat spots.

Craig, did you notice an improvement in the performance after fitting the Forge diverter.
I love the car and handling, but I am a bit disappointed with the performance for a 200bhp car.
Brad.

Yes mate a noticeable difference, I was getting quite bored of poor performance ad poor fuel economy, but now I'm happy until k04 it. :)

I would map mine as they are a tad under powered, but I want to change the clutch 1st. Afterall they do weigh over 1500kg.

Have you replaced or checked your diverter valve.
They are a week link on a good engine.
Keep meaning to take mine apart for a check over.
Brad.

Yes as I said valve was changed last year for latest revision, but haven't checked it since as thought the latest was reliable. Is this not the case?
Guy's thank for the replies so far.