2.0TFSI Power Curve

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone put their Audi on the rolling road and have a power curve graph for a standard 2.0TFSI?

Yeah i did twice but the graphs are at home standard was 215bhp fly 165bhp wheels and with exhaust and carbonio with k&n was 238bhp fly and 181bhp wheels. I honestly cant remember the torque the first one was with 100mies on the clock and second was with 1000 :undwech:

ah cool lots of power

i don't suppose you know what rpm the max torque and power was produced do you?

what exhaust do you have fitted?

I would be interested to see what the standard curves show, in my thinking, there is no point in taking the car to 6500rpm, if peak power is alot lower.

My old Zafira GSi was 270bhp and would rev to just shy of 6800rpm, but peak power was 5500rpm. So I never took it any higher.

The point was proven at Santa pod, first run taking it to about 6400rpm provided a 15.6 second run.

On the several runs after, and going to a max of 5400rpm, the best time for me was 14.78 seconds. I felt weird as i I was changing too early but it obviously worked, and the inlet temps were not as high.

MattS said:
I would be interested to see what the standard curves show, in my thinking, there is no point in taking the car to 6500rpm, if peak power is alot lower.

My old Zafira GSi was 270bhp and would rev to just shy of 6800rpm, but peak power was 5500rpm. So I never took it any higher.

The point was proven at Santa pod, first run taking it to about 6400rpm provided a 15.6 second run.

On the several runs after, and going to a max of 5400rpm, the best time for me was 14.78 seconds. I felt weird as i I was changing too early but it obviously worked, and the inlet temps were not as high.

I love the Zafira GSI!!!! Daddy COOL!!

The A3 runs out of puff at around 6000rpm so i never take it there, it pulls very well low end so no point in ragging it so high

I also got 14.78 secs at the pod in my old Polo G40!!!!! it was running 150bhp.

just found this graph from milltek exhaust website site

243.jpg

So according to that, about 5300/5400rpm is the peak before power drops off.