2.0TDI Turbo Dynamics MD375 Hybrid

A_C4mby

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I've just got my car back on the road having fitted a Turbo Dynamics MD375 (Stage 1) Hybrid turbo. (As well as doing the timing belt and uprated clutch).

What a difference it makes with the standard mapping.

In the past the engine seemed breathless above 3000RPM, now it seems to rev as normal to 3000 and then take off all the way to 4500.

I am so looking forward to getting the exhaust changed and an ST3!

Sounds good mate :D

How much was the turbo and did you fit it yourself if you dont mind me asking!

It will be a beast once its custom remaped - this is on my to do list :D

The turbo was £525 + VAT, I was originally quoted £595 + VAT, but because the turbo was in good condition they did it at a reduced cost (nice of them I thought).

Yes I fitted it myself.

Sounds good mate :D

With a custom remap, you will get more of the turbo boost lower down the rev range meaning it will go like a train whatever the revs!!

excellent result - i really want to do this as i believe my turbo is on its way out anyway..did you use your original turbo or source one from elsewhere? also what was the turnaround time for the work?

excellent result - i really want to do this as i believe my turbo is on its way out anyway..did you use your original turbo or source one from elsewhere? also what was the turnaround time for the work?

My car definately feels so much different now (so I don't know if it was because the turbo was on its way out or if the hybrid is so much better), my plan was to do the turbo so that it wouldn't fail when I had my car remapped.

I had my actual turbo rebuilt (I think it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't!).

I posted it on the Monday afternoon, they phoned me at 11am Tuesday to say they'd stripped it and that it wouldn'd be as much as they had thought, paid them that day, and had the turbo back on the Friday!!

Definately great guys to deal with!

My car definately feels so much different now (so I don't know if it was because the turbo was on its way out or if the hybrid is so much better), my plan was to do the turbo so that it wouldn't fail when I had my car remapped.

I had my actual turbo rebuilt (I think it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't!).

I posted it on the Monday afternoon, they phoned me at 11am Tuesday to say they'd stripped it and that it wouldn'd be as much as they had thought, paid them that day, and had the turbo back on the Friday!!

Definately great guys to deal with!

sounds very good..the only problem i would have in using my original turbo would be that i would be without a car for a week..hmmm..pleasing to see a positive experience though, makes me even more eager to do it :icon_thumright:

Just buy a secondhand one for a few hundred pounds give that one the hybrid treatment then sale yours or no doudt T.D can supply an already hybrid treated 2.0 PD140 turbo same as they do the 1.9 PD cars.

im in need of some info on were to get the car remapped i have a hybrid turbo but need a good place to get it tuned preferably not too far away from sheffield . obviously with a hybrid it needs a custom setup not some generic remap

RS Tuning seem to get good results and have good customer services plus he has his own dyno and gives a before and after dyno plot.

Guys what do you know about torquetronix, the guys from CR Turbo recommended them to me.

just had a chat with a couple of companys one states they wouldnt remap the car without a decat , rs tuning said decat not needed ,but theres a 2 week waiting list .

to be honest dont really want to decat the car as the last one (bora) had a decat pipe on and sounded like a fiesta rs turbo with severe turbo chatter , car sounded like a boiling kettle on tickover

just had a chat with a couple of companys one states they wouldnt remap the car without a decat , rs tuning said decat not needed ,but theres a 2 week waiting list .

to be honest dont really want to decat the car as the last one (bora) had a decat pipe on and sounded like a fiesta rs turbo with severe turbo chatter , car sounded like a boiling kettle on tickover

Surprised a decat made that much difference in sound to a diesel, i want to get mine done .

HAHAHA I know this experience, had my Mk4 golf decatted. The kettle noise made me chuckle though. Was massively worth it, bought the power up due to early spool up and made a big improvement to my MPG too?! It was half the reason I wanted a Miltek so badly on the A3 and again was more than worth it, I now get 65-70 MPG average on the motorway with cruise control on according to the DIS (62MPG in real life, I calculated) the spool up is faster and therefore makes the car much more drivable, plus the non-res noise makes it sound awesome from about 3k+ RPM. Car also sounds like a police siren and I regularly get comments from passengers thinking I'm being chased by the police!

Best thing I have done to the car hands down. :racer:

Joe

Joe

well cars in for a remap and rr tune at rs tuning tomorrow dinner time ,guy reckons 240 bhp to be expected ,bit optimistic i think but got to be quicker than it is now

What's the traction like with all the extra power? I can imagine it being quite scary when flooring it in the wet!

just got back from having the car tuned ,there were a few teething problems like ecu not been accesable by odb ,and had to be removed from the car to be bdm,ed

but happy with the results of 231bhp and 360 ftlb torque in 4th gear

couldnt go any further maf is not reading correctly and standard clutch started to give out .but happy with the results ,the guys are A1. A great laugh and even got to go to the local greggs for food in there works rs tuned evo .

there advice was get an uprated clutch and a new maf and come back in for tweaking

so much more lively now the car gonna be fun to drive

forgot to add got the egr deleted as well so just need the kit to replace the egr

is your turbo a turbo dynamics stage 1 based on the GT17? Also could you post a dyno chart?

Thanks!@

no mines a hybrid stage 2 rated to 260 bhp so at least there is still a bit of head room with it find me somewhere to post up the dyno chart and il post it give me an hour or 2 though have to go fit some shelving . have dyno chart here in front of me

Last edited:
one more question can you please tell me at what rpm do you have the peak torque and the peak power?

Thanks!