2.0tdi 140 EGR been replaced, turbo still going LIMP, bought from dealer 6 week

ldorrity681

Reaction score
Hi all,

The car is 2006 and has done 78,000 miles. I bought it just six weeks ago and took it to the independent dealer who had the codes run on it. The problems that came up were boost pressure not being reached and a problem with the EGR.

At shared expense, due to a number of mechanics believing it was a wear and tear issue, the EGR was replaced and the housing below it which contains a valve was cleaned out. I drove home some 50 miles and no limp mode but when I drove to work this morning, near the end of my 60mile journey, it went back into limp mode.

Could this be a boost pressure valve or simply the turbo on its way out? The pipes have been checked for leaks or cracks and there is no oil lying inside them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and any knowledge of where I stand legally with the dealer who simply does not want to replace the turbo would be great

Leon

I believe that most garages should give you a minimum of 3 months warranty so you should be covered as the turbo isnt a consumable item and if mechanical failure then they aint got a leg to stand on. Was the problem after 6 weeks or did it start shortly after purchase and its taken this long to get it to the garage.

If the garage dont play ball contact your local CAB......they'll give you all the gen regarding consumers rights etc etc.

Is your turbo making a 'siren' like noise? And how does it go into limp mode? i.e. does it happen when you put your foot down?