1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0T service indicator

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_Skywalker, May 19, 2005.

1. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

I have now done 3800 miles and my service indicator is saying a service is due in 7300 miles. I thought this would have gone up by now but it keeps going down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

What's everyone else's 2.0Ts saying?
  2. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    I have now done 3800 miles and my service indicator is saying a service is due in 7300 miles. I thought this would have gone up by now but it keeps going down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

What's everyone else's 2.0Ts saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you doing LOTS of short journeys, especially from cold ?.
  3. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

Not excessive amounts. My routine hasn't changed and in my old 1.8TQ I used to get an 18k service interval.
  4. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

Click the button under the right indicator stalk (assuming you have DIS) and then go to CHECK and then click SERVICE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. skempster

skempster Member

Cheers for that - will have a look tonight.

I had a courtesy car without DIS the other day. It felt v odd - like the car had stopped talking to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  6. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    Click the button under the right indicator stalk (assuming you have DIS) and then go to CHECK and then click SERVICE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or easier still, just pull the right hand knob in the instrument cluster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  7. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

Steve,
    If most of your journeys are short and from cold what MPG are you getting?
  8. skempster

skempster Member

Ah, short trips but empty roads for me. Lots of roundabouts but I try not to let them slow me down tho.
  9. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Mine is 2.0 FSI, done 1000 miles, mostly short journeys to work of about 5 miles. Shows about 520 days or 14300 miles to service. What does yours show in days?