1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0T Oil Change or not

hazey7 Apr 21, 2010

1. hazey7

hazey7 Member

My 2.0T still has 6K to go until its next service according to the service indicator but the oil now seems to have gone very black over the last 1,000 miles. I was thinking of changing it before the next service. Is this something that a lot of you do? Is the procedure straightforward? I found a good procedure with pics but its from the USA, I think.....

http://www.audinow.com/blogs/audinow/65-how-oil-change-audi-2-0t-fsi.html

It also mentions resetting the service interval; but I would say this is a no no if your not doing a complete service?

Any thoughts?

2. goon

goon Member

I normally change oil and filter every 5000 miles on my turbo cars and it seems to keep them sweet.

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

My 3.0 V6 was serviced about 2 months ago and i have also noticed my oil has gone quite black, however im sure it will be fine until my next service or at least for the next few months.

I would recommend changing oil every 6 months, just get your own parts and go to an independant garage and get it done mate, no need to mess about with your service times.

Remember its your car and your money, changing oil is always a good thing, expecially if your dirve it hard or do alot of miles.

4. hazey7

hazey7 Member

Thanks guys.

Is it as straightforward as buyng a replacement oil filter and the correct amount of 5W 30? I'm thinking back to the last time I did an oil change on a car.....about 15 years ago when we were 'allowed' to service our own cars.

5. goon

goon Member

use good oil and an audi filter,just hope the filters not in the same place as the b5.

6. kidashley25

kidashley25 New Member

the official service interval between oil changes from 5000 to 7500 miles. and I would suggest that you used some good quality oil. It give you better ride