2.0T - Noisy Wastegate

Chr1sch

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Car went in for the hillariously overdue recall for coils at Audi and whilst they had it they said they were concerned with how noisy the wastegate is. Now it is pretty chattery on lift off/boost fluctuation. Any idea if this would affect performance, fuel consumption etc?

Also should i replace with standard or go for a Forge type option?

Cheers

Chris

Mine chatters quite bad too, but I have a new standard one to fit.

I've had it for months, not plucked up the courage to fit it yet. Ha ha.

My fuel consumption seems a little high and feels a little down on power, but it might all be in my head.

my fuel consumption isnt great to be fair - how hard are they to buy and how much did you pay for a new standard one?

my fuel consumption isnt great to be fair - how hard are they to buy and how much did you pay for a new standard one?

I got mine from somebody who bought and never fitted (still in packet) for £35 but I think they are only around £50 new.

I think the latest version is Revision D - the part number ends with this iirc.

is this thread about the DV ?

What are peoples thoughts on the Forge spacer Blow off valve? Any good or problems? Thanks

I think people are talking about the actuator not the diverted valve actuator rods chatter the are a pain

Vw had a problem with same problem I think the put a clip of some sort on it other than that new turbo ouch

In which case, I'll put up with it lol.