1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0T (FWD - DSG) Remap...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ads, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Oct 27, 2011]
    There's loads of threads on here about remaps of S3s, TDIs and a few quattro'd 2.0Ts, but can't find anything for a 2.0T FWD DSG.

I'm thinking of REVO'ing mine but wanted to hear from anyone with the same engine etc who has already done it, and how they are finding it.

My main concern is to do with take off. Even in standard form (200bhp) I find that if I floor it from standstill the front wheels just about manage to maintain traction. After the map I don't want the extra power to cause wheelspin. Being able to take off without worrying about traction is one of main things I like about having DSG.

Also, wondering how the DSG box behaves alongside an engine map. Does it manage to keep the smooth gear changes etc, or does it all become more jerky?
    I know there is a DSG map too but I don't really want to go down that route (for now at least).

Cheers for any info.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Oct 27, 2011]
    Been in a Mk5 DSG Shark'd GTI and drive SUPERBLY well, put power down very very well.
  4. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Oct 27, 2011]
    Are the Shark maps as agressive as REVO?
  5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Oct 27, 2011]
    Shark maps are just perfect. Hard to describe, very very progressive all the way to the red line.