1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0T FSI Test Pipe

Marrow May 9, 2011

1. Marrow

Marrow Member

Anyone fitted one to thiers wondering about performance gains, noise with std exhaust and cels ?

2. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

what do you mean by test pipe?

3. Marrow

Marrow Member

De cat pipe for first cat seems a popular mod on audizine seen some on ebay wondered if anyone had done it on here? Am I right in thinking there 2 cats so one can be removed without mot failure?

4. solaris

solaris Member

I have a test pipe fitted, it does increase the noise and rasp of the exhaust but not to a silly level. Performance wise you notice extra torque through the mids and better spool from the turbo especially If your car is mapped and you have a cat back exhaust. A4's only have one cat and by adding a test pipe you will get a cell error unless you buy a test pipe with a spacer or you get a custom map.
    NB Your car will fail MOT emissions test with a test pipe.

5. Marrow

Marrow Member

Ah I see so unless you have a friendly MOT centre or swap it out every year not worth while. To be honest I struggle to get the power down with just my remap because mine is a FWD so any more would probably only get wasted and cost me more in tyres !

Out of intrest how do you get round the MOT issue ?

6. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

I had a full decat on the supra and had no issues, didn't need to swap it, but it may have been a friendly MOT centre, not sure...

The other way, although more restrictive than the test pipe, is having a sports hi-flow cat, which is what I have on the miltek system. With it already being oin the car, I couldn't tell you the difference it makes though.

With FWD I wouldn't look for anymore power to be honest, even at std on my fwd spec edit (220BHP), I was spinning the wheels too easily, which is why I traded it for the quattro, a massive difference, and much more fun!! I wasn;t going to map the fwd as it'll eat tyres.