2.0T FSI Quattro Thermostat

Just changed mine last month.....the car was running ok...but noticed it was sitting under the 90c quite a bit and using more fuel as a result. Can't remember how much it cos '( 45 quid? )t but it was an hours labour I think ....it's not easy to get at.

Good Luck
A

Mine has done 83k and cant see that it has been changed - however they are fairly common parts so cant hurt (mine sits bang on 90 whatever i do?!)

Mine sat bang on for years, then I've noticed it drop plus performance suffer and fuel usage increase.
Took it to my mate tonight who plugged it in and gave fault codes for thermostat and diverter valve (or equivalent at least). Going to sort it this week. Will keep you updated!

Yep, the diverter might throw up a underboost code but wouldnae think it would have affectd the water temp though....it didn't on mine. Sounds like they both have gone on yours Jamerson. I have replaced both btw separately this year. I think they had never been replaced before. You'll notice a difference with both changed am sure. Make sure it's genuine parts and the dv is the new improved version.

Keep us posted.

BR
A

I replaced mine a few months back. Wasn't sitting on 90 degrees. More like 80-85. Reasonable job for me and one of the tech's. sorted my issue tho