2.0t dsg revo'd but sometimes no go?!

rodo

Recruit
Reaction score
hi there i have a brand new 2.0t a3 its now done 1500k, i had a revo remap at 1000miles. the majority of the time the car behaves fine however when the car is in sport mode, overtaking on motor or coming off a slip onto a motorway i'll put my foot down and nothing happens, infact i start to lose speed which is the last thing i need when entering a motorway. pressing my foot down more, still nothing at all happens, revs drop off. letting foot off the gas leaving it for a second or two then reapplying gradually solves the problem, power kicks in,however, this is a far from ideal solution. great car, love the remap but something is going wrong, turbo lag, boost?, dsg, revo or a combination. any advice would be appreciated

How about if its not in Sport mode, in D or Manual, same problem?

I noticed this exact same problem when I test drove a 2.0T DSG Sportback recently. It even happened when the car was stationary sometimes. You could press the throttle right to the floor and absolutely nothing happened. Come off the throttle, then back on, and it rev'd normally.

I tested the manual version of the same car, and it was perfect, so maybe there is a software issue with the the DSG ?

dalepearson said:
How about if its not in Sport mode, in D or Manual, same problem?

it will happen in d mode but not as fequently, in sport it happened three times yesterday. to be honest i haven't driven it in manuel enough to say

if i have a standard remap could the boost be set too high? i think i'm going to speak to revo, then i'll go back to the dealer