2.0t coil packs - spark plug question

sprushty

TQS Collective
Reaction score
Looked about on google already and the info varies alot. Coil packs are going on my 1.8t AJQ, replaced one, symptoms went and are now coming back. Original packs on 127k so im switching them for the 2.0tfsi ones.

Question: What spark plugs should i use on a standard mapped K03s turbo 180bhp and what should I gap them to. Also, what would plugs andd gaps would be recommended for a stage 1 or 2 map?

Apparently they run better at 0.8 on the S3 & they actually come gapped at 0.8 but you choose.

Never noticed anything different performance wise between 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9 (tried them all) and when we tested on the dyno there was no performance difference at all...

I had an occasional misfire under boost on my dyno queen map during the summer that went away after changing the gaps from the 0.85 I was running back to 0.7mm...

All the hype over TFSI coils is a myth IMO... they could well be a slightly better coil than the 20v one but I ave seen them fail on TFSI's recently and this means they are still just a coil pack...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: badger5
Well the ecs ones work out cheaper from awesome so theyll do, cheers for the info

what's the service/replacement interval on spark plugs for a standard S3?

what's the service/replacement interval on spark plugs for a standard S3?

Platinum or irridium plugs are typically 30-40k... Pretty sure VAG spec 40k service on plugs.. but then they do think AVS is a good idea too :)

I use BKR7E's (copper plugs) now and change them every 10k... more relevant on a mapped car (7's vs 6's)

<tuffty/>

Just to let you know.. One of my tfsi coilpacks failed! So they're no better, just slightly longer In my opinion!

Yep theyre taller, I needed the car for work this week so i just stuck them in without adaptors but theyre really securely wedged. I rang volkswagen in ruislip to get the oem adapters and they redirected me to a new TPS in Hayes (Uxbridge). Looks like VAG are directing customers there to get the parts now, all 4 adapters came to about £6. I wonder if thats the trade price or retail, cheap either way.

BTW I already run BKR6E's, as far as I remember they're pre gapped to about 0.81mm.

0.7mm and BPR6EIX plugs will be fine..

<tuffty/>

Just an update, I ordered these plugs but they dont fit. The bolt part that the socket fits onto is too big, they dont fit down the spark plug tunnel. Need to order a different set. BKR6EIX