1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TFSi. Which remap and where? Dump valve worth doing?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by S-Liner, May 9, 2011.

1. S-Liner

S-Liner New Member

Hi all. Ive got an 05 plate 2.0 A4 Avant TFSi and want some more grunt. Ive seen that remaps seem to be the way forward as far as performance per pound goes. I have heard mixed reviews about pretty much all the main players but am tempted by AMD in Essex or Jabbasport in Peterborough. Anybody got any tips?
    Also looking at the new Forge atmospheric dump valve that has just been released for this car and i supposed to make the turbo run cleaner (less run on). They are just under £60. Im asuming these make the "PPPSSSSHHHTTT" sound but i dont want anything too chavvy. Anybody got one of these on?
  2. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

be interested to hear some sound clips of anyone that has got the proper dump valve kit. The £60 kit is just to make the sound of the bump valve, not perform the actual function...the real dump valve is about £190
    Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
  3. Marrow

Marrow Member

I ran the forge dv spacer for about 18 months makes the typical dump valve noise I enjoyed it but got bored and removed it. But it does work and causes no running issues but I wouldnt say it improved any aspect of the cars performance running wise just a noise !!

If your doing remapping you must up rate your dump valve to the OEM version D at least the rubber version fitted as std is to week and will blow very quickly trust me I know and you will loose all power and the car will run sh1t.
    My avant was remapped by Pendal Performance very happy with it pulls like a train and revs much keener than stock.

Do a search 100s of post about remaps on here all asking the same thing which is best.
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

the 1 at £60 the spacer is where the noise comes from the DV at £190 wont make any noise unless the spacer is fitted
  5. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

blimey, so £250, no thanks...for that price I'll make the sound myself lol...
  6. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

you can use the spacer on your oem DV makes the same sound as it would with the forge
  7. goon

goon Member

if you want the noise of the valve remove airbox and fit cone filter or equivalent. steer clear of apr remap if you want strong midrange performance,its all at top end.
  8. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Doesn't feel top end to me, kicks in hard around 3-4k revs...
  9. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

So what's the benefit of the forge dv then over the oem version d, and how would you be able to tell what dv is in there currently, I.e. where is it, and any different markings?
  10. Lazze

Lazze New Member

I started with Bluefin stage1 and now I´ve got stage2 with milltek cat/dp and are very satisfied. Stage1 have a lot of power in the midrange.