2.0 tfsi s3 cambelt costs

Keane

Reaction score
Any1 know a rough cost on having the cambelt and water pump changed? It's a 2008 with 35k miles so the 5 years is up and don't think it's been done yet. Cheers

Hmm that's not too bad 👍 I read a lot of problems occurring once it's been changed tho ! Anything too watch out for ?

I just got the parts for mine tonight:

cambelt kit inc idlers and tensioner
waterpump
aux belt
aux tensioner
thermostat

cost me £200. Hoping to have the lot fitted for about £150? It doesnt look too hard a job to be honest going from the guides I saw. Was going to do it myself but think it looks better having a garage do it. Plus no scope of mess ups!

Awesome ! Cheers for that pal 👍 that's not bad at all :) will give Audi a ring Tomo and hope it's around that figure 🙈 I want Audi to do it as I've herd stories about them snapping shortly after they have been replaced 😳 !

audi will be considerably more

think they do a fixed price for 450 odds but doesnt include waterpump/aux belt or aux tensioner from memory.

think they do a fixed price for 450 odds but doesnt include waterpump/aux belt or aux tensioner from memory.

Just booked the s3 in with Audi £590 fitted inc water pump aux belt ect ect 💷💷 not cheap

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Just booked the s3 in with Audi £590 fitted inc water pump aux belt ect ect 💷💷 not cheap

Not cheap but a peace of mind getting it done by Audi.
At least the parts will be under warranty :)