2.0 TFSI Quattro brake issue.

UberFiz

Reaction score
Hello people wonder if anyone can help me out.

I got a set of MTEC discs and Mintex pads fitted all round a few months back. They bedded in fine and I was impressed with the braking. I also changed the brake fluid too I used DOT 4.

However, the brake feel has increasingly got worse. There is NO initial brake feel, I have to push the pedal past half way before anything happens!? When they do grip they are great but its worrying and puzzling me why the initial pedal feeling is just non existent.

I have checked the brake fluid and the level is fine.

What else could it be?

What is the pedal like if you pump it twice?
If the disc is not square on the hub or a wheel bearing is packing up the disc can wobble and push the pads back towards the calipers thus needing more fluid to get the pads to make contact, come across this many times on old land rovers.

Lynall

Think id be tempted to have them bled again with a pressure bleader. If that fails it could be a master cylinder issue. Definitely no drop in brake fluid at all? If so could be a flexi hose weeping under pressure. Wont take much to loose pressure.

Thanks guys. If I pump the brakes whilst stationary a few times the feeling firms up. I reckon i'll bleed them again and take it from there.