1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TFSI or 2.0 TDI A3 S-Line ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MarkRaw, Jan 5, 2010.

1. MarkRaw

MarkRaw New Member

Hey, looking to buy an audi a3 s-line over the next month or two, had my eye on the tfsi 2.0 ltr quattro (56 plate)

Im just worried that the running costs are going to be pretty high on the car, someone told me tax prices are going to almost double over the next year or two ? they were only put back due to recession ?

My questions basicaly are... TFSI or TDI, Quattro or not to Quattro, also if anyone could tell me how to force a deal out of an audi dealer that would be helpfull too haha :whistle2:

cheers !
  2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Only way to know for yourself between the diesel and petrol engine is to have a drive yourself. Some people just plain dont like diesels, some do.
  3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

What plans do you have to mod, looks and power wise? A mapped 140mph is the best solution imo.
  4. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

Depends what you can afford to drive really. Look at the difference in MPG! my next car will be 2.0TFSI but il keep the 2.0tdi for a run around :p
  5. MarkRaw

MarkRaw New Member

to be honest i think i would love the petrol and the diesel, do you think i would notice much difference in overall price in running them ?

not to sure about modding chipping etc at the moment, concerned with buying the right car first haha
  6. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

300-350miles to gallon comapred to 550-600miles is a big difference when driving everyday. Quattro if you want to do big performance mods and want to bend it around corners lol otherwise for everyday use FWD is ok.
  7. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

2.0TDI with map - 175bhp/300ft-lb, £140 tax, 500 miles to a tank, nuff said.
  8. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

The 2.0T petrol is a particularly smooth and flexible engine - especially well-suited to the quattro transmition. If you like the best of diesel low-down torque and petrol power, then this is the one to go for - the 2.0T engine has recieved multiple awards. You're looking at high 20s around town and mid 30s overall with some long runs thrown-in.

If you need fuel economy above all else, the 2.0TDi is a fine engine and very common in the A3. I've previously had a diesel and wouldn't recommend one over the 2.0T if you can afford it. Realistically, it's not entirely fair either to compare the 2.0TDi to the 2.0T as an alternative in outright performance terms - the petrol can be easily mapped too.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010