1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 tfsi flutter noise

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Leon tfsi, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Had the car about 6 months and I've recently started noticing a flutter noice when coming off the accelerator very similar to the wastegate chatter my mates 200sx used to make only quieter. The car has a forge d/v with a vacuum pipe leading to it from the front of the engine bay near the evap sensor. Should I be hearing this noise or is this turbo stall I keep reading about. I'm not sure if this noise has allways been there or not but it's now very noticable.
    Anyone got a 2.0 tfsi with this d/v? And if so do you get this flutter noise or not? Should I be worried?
    Thanks
  2. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Forgot to say, d/v was fitted by previous owner so has been on since I bought the car. Not sure if it's always made this noise or not. Maybe I just never noticed it or never drove without music on. Or maybe it's a new noise, I can't be sure.
  3. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

i had the same noise when i changed my d/v to another OEM d/v last week i didnt plug the connector back into it properly, had a fault code on my vag com. had a look and soon as i plugged it back in its totally fine now hope this helps thanks
  4. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

What connector was it? I had someone look at it this week who said one of the pipes was off but even though it's back on the noise is still there. Could a faulty d/v blow a pipe off maybe? If the d/v is faulty will it cause any running issues? Low boost maybe?
  5. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Someone must know! Is this noise normal or not?
  6. Brendan12

Brendan12 Member

Doesn't sound normal. Mine doesn't do it
  7. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Cheers mate, does yours have a forge d/v?
  8. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Bump - anyone got any ideas?
  9. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Dont think many of us run Forge D/V's mate, as the Rev D OEM unit is just as good for a third of the price. It doesn't sound right though. Confused though as you say there is a pipe running from it the front of the engine... The OEM valve just has a electrical connector on it and no vac pipe so what ever mod has been done that could be your problem....
  10. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Im thinking I'd be better off putting it all back to standard. I think my mate who looked at it said he thinks the boost controller has been moved to the d/v which is why the new pipe is there. What would I need to go to factory spec then and what's the likely cost of that?
    Thanks
  11. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Rev D D/v are around £55 from Audi or VW or Skoda as they all sell them.... As for what is required to put it back to standard I couldn't answer as I don't know whats been done to make it non standard if you know what I mean....