1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI tyre pressures....again

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Scott, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    I've posted a thread before about tyre pressures and I know there's a thread in the FAQ's, but this is kind of specific to my car.

The recommended tyre pressures on my door for 225/40R18 are 42 psi front and 36 psi rear under "normal" load, and even higher for full load! I believe Audi has increased these from what was previous recommended, anyone know why?

I know these are high, especially compared to what some people run, so I usually run around 38 psi front and 36 psi rear, however I've been told this is still quite high.

I have a 2.0 TDI, so obviously the engine is quite heavy. What pressures do other 2.0 TDI owners run, I mean with the extra weight over a petrol engine, for spirited driving?

Cheers
    Scott
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    Always keep mine to the numbers on the inside of my fuel cap, can't remember what it is off the top of my head though...
  4. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    Thanks mate.

I'm just not happy with the feel of the car or the handling through tight bends, but that could be down to the lowness of the coilovers at the front, (car is currently a little nose down), until tomorrow when it's sorted anyway. It was fine when I had it set up, but it's gone lower as the springs have bed in, so I'm going to have it evened up, front and rear, tomorrow afternoon.