2.0 tdi tuning options

Hightower

Reaction score
Hi im new round here and after some advice

Ok looks like it will be a 2.0 tdi quattro 140 (55 plate) that i will be getting, i was torn between this and the 3.2 V6 with DSG and Quattro but don't think i can justify the pitifull mpg you get with them and poor tuning options. Anyway
1. what sort of tuning options are available for the 140bhp model remaps/exhausts etc?
2. what are worth spending the money on
3. expected performance gain,bhp/0-60 etc

Who offers the best remaps, i see most remaps offer around 40-45bhp increase, is it worth spending the extra for an exhaust too?

Anyone gone the AMD stage 3 route with hybrid turbo, that sounds a good bit of kit with an extra 80bhp, would you need a clutch upgrade for this option.

Is the Haldex gen2 controller worth getting?
Sorry lots of questions
beerchug.gif

Hi im new round here and after some advice

Ok looks like it will be a 2.0 tdi quattro 140 (55 plate) that i will be getting, i was torn between this and the 3.2 V6 with DSG and Quattro but don't think i can justify the pitifull mpg you get with them and poor tuning options. Anyway
1. what sort of tuning options are available for the 140bhp model remaps/exhausts etc?
2. what are worth spending the money on
3. expected performance gain,bhp/0-60 etc

Who offers the best remaps, i see most remaps offer around 40-45bhp increase, is it worth spending the extra for an exhaust too?

Anyone gone the AMD stage 3 route with hybrid turbo, that sounds a good bit of kit with an extra 80bhp, would you need a clutch upgrade for this option.

Is the Haldex gen2 controller worth getting?
Sorry lots of questions
beerchug.gif
There are lots of tuning options for the PD140 just look at my sig for some ideas. You can get a basic remap fo5r about £300ish these days. How much money are you willing to spend and what sort of power do you want really as power costs money. If you fit a hybrid turbo on your car you will need a new uprated clutch.

There are lots of tuning options for the PD140 just look at my sig for some ideas. You can get a basic remap fo5r about £300ish these days. How much money are you willing to spend and what sort of power do you want really as power costs money. If you fit a hybrid turbo on your car you will need a new uprated clutch.

Thanks, i read your write up a few weeks ago, awesome bit of kit you have there, that must have cost a bomb, i will probably have between £2-3k for upgrades to spend depending on how much i pay for the base car, i could spend lots more but i really need to limit myself as it will be from an inheritence and i want to put a chunk a way for future house deposit and wedding costs next year, also if you start spending too much i may as well just go for a more powerful and expensive car to start with.

I was very tempted with the 3.2 V6 but it seems to have very limited tuning potential unless your willing to throw around £8-10k at it with supercharger or turbo and for that plus base car you may a well start looking at the RS4

For 3K you could get a hybrid turbo,uprated clutch,exhaust,airfilter,remap and some uprated brake parts. You might be able to still get some ARB`s and some cheap suspension upgrades depending on how you do things. Where in Somerset are you ? My car is now tuned by TRD in Stroud who i can really reccommend. http://www.turner-race-developments.co.uk/

For 3K you could get a hybrid turbo,uprated clutch,exhaust,airfilter,remap and some uprated brake parts. You might be able to still get some ARB`s and some cheap suspension upgrades depending on how you do things. Where in Somerset are you ? My car is now tuned by TRD in Stroud who i can really reccommend. http://www.turner-race-developments.co.uk/

That sounds good, what sort of power and performance would i be looking at with that package then and where would i go to get it done TRD?.
I'm in sunny Yeovil.

What are ARB's? (anti roll bars?), sorry for being thick but i've been out of the car scene for about 5 years since i got rid of my tuned 1.8T Passat and got a diesel van for work.

Thanks
Peter

That sounds good, what sort of power and performance would i be looking at with that package then and where would i go to get it done TRD?.
I'm in sunny Yeovil.

What are ARB's? (anti roll bars?), sorry for being thick but i've been out of the car scene for about 5 years since i got rid of my tuned 1.8T Passat and got a diesel van for work.

Thanks
Peter
ARB`s are Anti roll bars. If you ring TRD and ask for Dan and say Michael ( devonmikeyboy ) with the black tuned diesel Audi A3 sent you and just ask for some prices and tuning ideas.

There are lots of tuning options for the PD140 just look at my sig for some ideas.

Hi mate, I see you have the water/methanol mod. I came across this a little while ago (while looking at upgrading my intercooler. I also have a 2.0TDI 140PD).
How do you find it?
How quickly do you use up the water/methanol? and is it easy to get more?
finally - is this a better option than a bigger front-mounted intercooler?

http://www.autoanything.com/coolers/61A4184A0A0.aspx

Thanks!
Adam

Hi mate, I see you have the water/methanol mod. I came across this a little while ago (while looking at upgrading my intercooler. I also have a 2.0TDI 140PD).
How do you find it?
How quickly do you use up the water/methanol? and is it easy to get more?
finally - is this a better option than a bigger front-mounted intercooler?

http://www.autoanything.com/coolers/61A4184A0A0.aspx

Thanks!
Adam

I don`t have water/methanol fitted at the moment as it is getting fitted to my new engine with other mods at the end of June. I am fitting it to try and lower inlet temp and EGT so i can safely run the heigher boost needed on the new turbo that`s getting fitted.