1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI Temp sensor change, help needed please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tommy18, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tommy18

tommy18 New Member

[Nov 4, 2010]
    Hi I've had my 2006 2.0 tdi A3 SB S-LINE for 2 weeks now and it would seem i have a warm starting problem. i have read that this can be cured by fitting a fresh startermotor but before i take the plunge i'm going to try the water temp sender first.
    Could someone please tell me where its located and if i need to remove anything to make the job easier? the more instructions the better!
    thanks
    Tom:think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

[Nov 4, 2010]
    Run it on vag-com first see if theres any faults, but temp sensor is changed when engine is cold
  4. tommy18

tommy18 New Member

[Nov 5, 2010]
    Thanks for your reply, it seems that warm start issues are normally coolant temp sender or battery/starter related! i've bought the temp sender allready so i might aswell fit it and then go down the vag-com route before i splash out on the starter.
    can anyone give me a rough description on replacing the temp sender!
    thanks
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 5, 2010]
    If you have a BKD engine, then there are 2 temp senders, 1 is on the right side of the engine just above a thin turbo oil feed pipe, other is at the front of the emngine in a **** position behind the intake manifold flap.