1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI Single Mass Flywheel conversion Can it be done?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3chase, Mar 31, 2011.

1. A3chase

A3chase New Member

Well my DMF has a nice chatter if it gets hot so it needs to be replaced, I've seen a couple of conversions to convert it to a single mass flywheel but for top money. Has anyone on here done it and and what cost any links to conversions and reviews would be a great!
  2. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

3. chrissy1502002

chrissy1502002 Member

I have fitted the Sachs SMF and Race clutch to my 2.0Tfsi Quattro. It is a bit heavier than standard, but its got soooooooo much feel! Definately recommended by me! :)
  4. A3chase

A3chase New Member

thanks for the replys, after more searching and hunting i have yet to find a SMF conversion for anywhere less than a grand. I phoned JBS who mapped my car and they didnt reconmend a SMF as it would chatter bad and sound like a tractor which i dont fancy as i use it as a daily and am currently not running the power to give a good excuse when anyone askes whats wrong with the car and why does it sound so bad....

I now need to find out weather a LUK or Sach flywheel is fitted as from what i know they arnt interchangable, but ill just search the forum as theres more than enough threads going about that! :angrymod:
  5. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

[​IMG]
    cata_adc likes this.