2.0 tdi se no obc help?!

Pontino

Reaction score
Hi, first post on here, yesterday I purchased a 53plate 2.0 tdi se, it drives spot on & was a joy to drive home from Bristol. Only problem I have is that there is no dis coming on in the middle of my dash & no option to browse the OBC on the wiper stalk. Although it has cruise control fitted, am I right in thinking I will need to buy new clocks along with a compatible wiper stalk & get it all programmed before I can have the dis working?? Or do I just need a new stalk that can be fitted? Any help of anyone local would be much appreciated or does anyone know of anywhere that does it, I am in South Wales. Many thanks.

New stalk an codeing

Get the stalk I'm at my place on the water front every weekend I'll fit an code for you.

There are several stalks I have seen on eBay, one only a tenner buy it now buts it's from the 3 litre Quattro, will any one do or does it need to be from a 2.0 tdi like mine?? Where is your place on the waterfront?? :)

Post a pic of your instrument panel with the ignition on.

Get a stalk from a A3, nothing else to avoid compatibility issues.

NHN can do the install ;)

Reactions: NHN
So any a3 stalk off eBay which has the trip button?? Who is NHN by the way? It's my first time on here & haven't got a clue.

Should do but please post a pic of your dashboard with the ignition on.

Nigel (NHN) is a forum sponsor and retrofits bits and pieces to Audi's. Send him a PM or search for NHN.

Reactions: NHN

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 165
New cluster time!

You can get a 'fixed' dis but you simply have nothing. Send NHN a PM.

What's a fixed dis?? I have ordered a stalk off eBay for a tenner delivered, it's from a petrol Quattro but the guy reckons it will work fine?!

Will I def need a new cluster? What sort I price am I looking at?

You have no DIS whatsoever, you need a whole new cluster plus all the immo coding etc.

PM NHN and he'll tell you the price!!

Thanks Chris for the mentions.

At 1st glance as you've been advised, new cluster needed.

What's your vin no.

Pm it to who?? Doesn't seem like anyone can help?!!!

pm it to user nhn this guy can advise and fit anything

ever thought the guy might be busy doing other things , its christmas time ,not everyone is as sad as us .

Reactions: LEE69 and a6_chris
i an sure he will get back to you soon as he is able mate he is busy bloke i think and its xmas cheers

I have the later dash and fitted the stalk myself. Dannykn9 was an absolute star and went well above just another person on the forum, to help me code my stalk.These people will help you, have patience.

Ok cheers, I am a bit impatient, but not having the obc controls is really getting on my tits!!! Just wondering where NHN is from as I'm in South Wales & don't really want to travel for miles to get it all sorted. Also wana mention that I got a set of 18 rs8 alloys in Matt black with tyres off eBay for £120, well chuffed & can't wait to see what it looks like with them on 2moro.

Still no reply to this, seem to be wasting my time!!! Anyone know anyone local to South Wales area who can sort out a full dis for me?!

Do a VCDS search in the forum and it will show you the closest person that can do the coding. Send them a pm and offer a few beer tokens and I'm sure they will be happy to help!!

Don't mean to sound stupid but what is a vcds search?? I am new to all this.

Also I spoke to the auto electrician in my local garage who has vagcom about getting new clocks & wiper stalk & coding it, but he reckons that's a very expensive way of doing it & I'd be better off part exing my a3 for one with better spec.

Don't mean to sound stupid but what is a vcds search?? I am new to all this.

You need vcds which is software on a laptop and a lead and you scan the car then it comes back with infoo if you have the right steering wheel controller.

So that will just tel me weather I am able to get a new wiper stalk & get full dis or if its just not possible?!

If you go to the section at the top of the forum titled forum search and type in VCDS user map it should bring up a map of the uk with all the people that have VCDS to do coding with.

hopefully a kind person will help you. They will need to scan your car, see what speedo cluster, stalk and controller you have and if compatible to enable you to have DIS. If not they can they advise what you will need to get the full DIS option.

Hope this helps

It just brings up all the posts which mention vcds user map in them?!